This fun event is open to any angler of any ability and is first and foremost a fun day. Friends and family can watch from the comfort of the lodge.
The day begins at 9am meeting in the fishing lodge with fishing starting at 9.30am and finishing at 1.30pm after which we complete weigh-in, announce results and hand out prizes.
The cost is only £35 and includes a 4 fish ticket, locally produced sausage in a baguette and coffee on arrival & prizes for heaviest bag, largest and smallest fish. Anyone that does not catch their 4 fish within the 4-hour competition time may continue fishing in the afternoon.
The days schedule is as follows:
9.00am Meet in lodge for sausage baps and coffee/tea
9.30am Start fishing
1.30pm Finish fishing
1.45pm Weigh-in and result announced
- Anyone may enter regardless of ability — this is first and foremost a fun day
- There will be 3 winners, the competitor with the:
- largest trout of the day
- smallest trout of the day
- heaviest bag (including time bonus)
- A competitor may only win 1 prize - thus creating a second and possibly third prize for the heaviest bag
- In the event of a competitor completing the 4-fish limit before the allocated finishing time, they will be awarded a time bonus of 0.25lb per hour for every complete hour remaining.
- The competition will be run on Brick Lake and pegs will be marked out.
- Each competitor will draw a random peg to start from and then every 30 minutes a whistle will blow and each competitor must move 2 pegs clockwise — after 2 hours competitors may fish from any free peg
- No catch and release – each trout caught must be declared in their bag.
- The only accepted method is fly fishing.
- Ground baiting is prohibited.
- Anglers must remain on the lake bank.
- In the event of any dispute the competition organiser’s decision is final.
We look forwards to seeing you.